As a Mom-to-be, you’re witnessing the power and strength of the female body every day, and while you’re dreaming about meeting the tiny human that’s growing inside you, your body is — quite literally — stretched to its limits. But did you know that your body is able to provide its own pain relief, too?
Most Moms think they have two options when it comes to pregnancy aches and pains; to suffer in silence, or to take pain pills. I promise this isn’t the case.
There is a third option that is already at work in your body as your baby grows – endorphins! To ease your pain, all you need to do is tap into your body’s natural healing abilities.
How do I activate my endorphins?
Endorphins act on the opiate receptors in our brain, so when they are activated they ease pain and offer relief and a feeling of wellbeing.
Endorphins are your body’s natural painkiller, and you’re already producing more endorphins than usual during pregnancy in response to the added stress on your body.
Here are a few ways you can increase endorphin release naturally during pregnancy:
- Get some exercise. Any physical activity releases happy hormones and pain-reducing endorphins.
- Laugh with friends. Seriously. Big belly laughs release enough endorphins and opioid peptides in the brain to promote pleasurable feelings and reduce pain.
- Have sex. There are so many feel-good hormones released during sex along with endorphins that help your body manage pain better.
- Take a hot bath. The heat of the water can release tension in your muscles, with the added bonus of encouraging endorphin release to ease the aches and pains.
- Meditation, yoga, and deep breathing can calm your nerve endings and promote relaxation and endorphin release.
- Use a TENS Unit (like this one we provide at MommyCareKit.com) that safely sends electrical pulses through your body to activate endorphin release.
If you have a high-risk pregnancy, and you are required to be stationary, don’t worry, you can still encourage endorphin release without physical activity. A TENS Unit will get those endorphins flowing while also helping with inflammation and circulation of the blood to keep you healthy and pain-free.
So why shouldn’t I just take pills for the pain?
Using over the counter pills or prescription drugs is a risk you may not want to take during pregnancy, and here’s why:
- Prolonged use of over-the-counter painkillers such as Tylenol could be harmful to your baby, according to a study carried out by Ragnhild Eek Brandlistuen in Norway in 2018 and published by NBC News. It may even lead to behavioral problems and poorer motor skills.
- Prescription opioids (including codeine, morphine, and oxycodone) can cause serious concerns for your baby, including premature birth, and drug withdrawal called NAS (marchofdimes.org, 2017)
You don’t have to suffer in silence just because you want a pill-free pregnancy!
Expectant Moms can stay Zen AND healthy with safe, effective, and non-medicinal FDA-approved pain relief.
At The Mommy Care Kit we are dedicated to fighting the opioid crisis and educating women in the power of their own natural healing abilities. Avoiding over-the-counter and prescription pain relief minimizes the risks to your baby, but it also allows you to connect deeply with your body and with your baby.
What is the safest non-medicinal product for pain relief?
A TENS Unit is the safest non-medicinal product to use during and after pregnancy to promote endorphin release. A TENS Unit uses a transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulator to send electrical pulses through your body to release endorphins. The currents aren’t strong enough to affect your baby, but they WILL encourage your body to reduce inflammation and ease pain, which is pretty awesome.
🗸 FDA approved
🗸 Safe to use during pregnancy and while breastfeeding
🗸 Provides up to 24 hours of pain relief
🗸 Provides relief for post-operative pain following a cesarean
🗸 Safe for use postpartum
🗸 Comes with a how-to manual, 1 pack of 4 electrodes, 2 wires, a 9-volt battery, and a portable storage case.
Our Tens Unit is recommended for use in the third trimester of pregnancy. It is advised that you always consult your physician before using this product, especially if you have complications with your pregnancy or have a history of epilepsy or early miscarriages.
CLICK HERE to take a look at our TENS Unit, and keep an eye out for more tips & tricks for a healthy, natural, pill-free pregnancy from The Mommy Care Kit.
Love & baby hugs,
The Mommy Care Club at The Mommy Care Kit